Friday 11 March 2011

Anyone Looking For A School Bag?

Anyone looking for a school bag? I was doing my lazy early morning Sunday usual, laying in bed looking at expensive bags on my lap top when I ran into a perfect school bag. The Marni Washed Leather Concertina Bag is a brown washed leather bag with gold hardware. Many times I have gotten emails from people wondering what could be used as a good school bag that still was stylish, and I truly think this is a good answer. Although a school bag would probably get quite the beating that is if you actually go to class, it would still be nice to carry a sturdy and stylish leather bag. This bag has a long fabric strap which attaches with a chunky clasp in case you would like to use it as a messenger bag. If not you could use the leather handle as a top carrier. This cute bag features buckle fastenings on the front and the body of the bag is divided into three sections for all your different goods. Lined in a beige canvas and including an internal zip pocket, there is not much more you could want or need in a school bag.
Ok folks, it is Friday. And over at Bag that Style we do the best we can to identify as many bags as humanly possible. But sometimes we just don’t know what the heck a celeb is carrying. Perhaps the angle is bad or there isn’t enough of the bag visible to actually identify it. Other times, I’ll be honest, we just don’t know! So if you are anything like me, you are watching that clock tick and you are waiting for the weekend to start. Whether you have big time plans or you are simply ready to veg out, I have a way to help pass the time!
The iridescent patent leather reminds me of one of those glow-in-the-dark frogs, but I obviously don’t want this on a purse. It’s the same color as McQueen’s Skull Clutch, which Shannon reviewed, but the color is considerably cuter on that clutch than on this one. And while I love the retro turn lock closure, it’s what is on the back of the bag that I’m not a fan of. Why is there a wrist strap on the back? I can understand having a thin wrist strap on the side, but why make it flush with the back? Oh McQueen, if only this clutch came in another normal color- without that strap. Buy through Zappos for $1527.

I don’t know if there is technically a difference between a duffel and weekend bag, but I tend to think of a weekend bag as a more refined version of the traditional rugged duffel.  Weekend bags are really for those guys in New York who want that 3 day trip to the Hamptons or Maine and need something to put clothes, shoes, bottles of wine, and whatever else you want to put in there.  And that’s the beauty of it; it really is a holdall bag – just throw you’re stuff in there. One of my favorite pictures on The Sartorialist is of Michael Bastian wearing a wrinkled dress shirt, Nantucket reds and loafers, while trying to hail a cab carrying a weekend bag (ok it’s a duffel bag…I guess Mr. Bastian can make even duffels look cool).

No comments:

Post a Comment